RE: Patch 9.2.07 for Linux

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:59:19 -0700

>>>I do. That was related to one very nice presentation for a
>>>product called "Oracle Video On Demand" in which Mr. Ellison
>>>ordered a pizza online and an engineer brought it to him. I
>>>believe that the product was for some kind of futuristic
>>>video system in Cambridge, UK. Niall or Jonathan may
>>>actually know more about it. I saw the presentation on EOUG
>>>in Cannes in the early 90-s.

I remember. Since Sequent was the first commerical SMP and I was a database engineer at Sequent, I watched such claims about the death of the SMp quite closely.

Larry pumped nCube, by investing in it. Oracle marketing pushed the living daylights out of it, but their marketing didn't have the teeth it has nowadays, and honestly, since Oracle had competition from the east bay companies and Informix in that era, Oracle wasn't able to stuff that rubbish down our collective throats.