Re: Patch 9.2.07 for Linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:16:33 -0400

Kevin Closson wrote:

> PPS. anyone remember Oracle's predictions of MPP killing the SMP ? :-)

I do. That was related to one very nice presentation for a product called "Oracle Video On Demand" in which Mr. Ellison ordered a pizza online and an engineer brought it to him. I believe that the product was for some kind of futuristic video system in Cambridge, UK. Niall or Jonathan may actually know more about it. I saw the presentation on EOUG in Cannes in the early 90-s.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA