Some Basic Qs on materialized views

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:53:22 +0530

Folks

  1. Is creating constraint a mandatory pre-requisite/requirement for materialized view to do a refresh of the respective Table? NOTE Our application does NOT contain any constraints.
  2. What Commands/setup is needed to fire an automated refresh at a certain frequency? NOTE - We have used 2 Commands DBMS_REFRESH.MAKE to create a refresh group & DBMS_REFRESH.ADD to add a materialized view the refresh group. What is being missed / additional commands needed to fire automated refresh?
  3. For automated refresh what amount of time (15 minutes) is usually a Good frequency for a 600 GB Database?

Thanks indeed