Peoplesoft Application Server question

From: John Clarke <jclarke_at_centroidsys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:40:55 -0400

This is sort of non-Oracle, but I figured folks on the list may have some input.

We just upgraded from Peoplesoft 7.5 to 8.8, Peopletools 8.45. In doing so, we changed our architecture so that we've got 2 application server, each running 2 Apps server domains.

We've been seeing PSAPPSRV processes consuming anywhere from 200Mb to 1Gb, growing all the time. We've started thinking about tweaking things like recycle count, but haven't made any fundamental changes yet.

Before doing so, is it common to see PSAPPSRV processes consuming 1Gb of memory? We've got 100 users and about 1Gb of files stored in cache per domain. MaxCacheMemory is set to 10.

Sorry for lack of information, just trying to get a gut reaction ...

===
John Clarke
Sr. Oracle DBA
Centroid Systems, Inc.