Insufficiente privileges querying my own views...

From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

DBAs...

Sorry if this is a silly question, my brain is not thinking clearly today...

1.- UserA gives SELECT privileges on his tables to UserB trough a role RoleA.

2.- UserB creates ViewA, querying the UserA tables.

3.- UserB creates viewB, which query ViewA, in his own schema.

He gets:
ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges

Of course, this is because of he cannot query the tables (through the role, right?) that the ViewA is pointing to...

the point here is:
What could be the best solution to give UserB enough privileges to query the view, without having a mess with privileges??

Thanks in advance!
JL

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs