RE: Enterprise Manager/RMAN Issues

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:14:34 +0200

> I wanted to let everyone know the solution to this problem
>
> First, I created the schema to hold the recovery catalog on
> the 9.2.0.6 database, I ran the create catalog from RMAN in
> the 10.2.0.1 Oracle home and then set up the backup jobs from
> Enterprise Manager Grid Control 10.1.0.3 and let the process
> do its magic, so far it looks like everything is functioning,
> I am going to test recovery on a weekend when I can get
> complete control of the database.

Hi Rick,
I'm having your same problem.

In this moment I can register (via grid control) all my databases in a recovery catalog created in a 10gR2.

Actually not all... when targets are 10gR2 I obtain the error:

Recovery catalog scheme version 10.02.00.00 is not compatible with this version of RMAN.

The registration can be done manually (command line) without errors but the grid control doesn't recognize the database as registered so all the backup jobs are done using control file instead of a catalog.

Since you have met a similar problem... do you have a solution?

Many thanks for any help
Fabrizio