Insert Rate/Second

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:56:12 -0700 (PDT)

Assuming I don't have access to statspack, can I figure out the rate of inserts into the database?

This is on a 9.2.0.6 db running RH AS 3.0. Third party app issuing JDBC calls to db.

The approach I took is to look at v$sql. The query that I'm running is:

select executions, elapsed_time,
elapsed_time/1000000
from v$sql
where sql_text like '<insert statement I'm interested in>'

Would this give me a snapshot of the rate at which inserts occur for the given statement?

--

mohammed

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 10:58:17 CDT