{Dangerous Content?} Slow Imports - A couple of questions ?

From: Tapan Trivedi <taptriv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (msg-8350-312.html).
Warning: Please read the "mailscan-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

Gurus,

I am running 3 imports of tables which have 14 mln, 14 mln and 17 mln rows respectively. Tables have similar columns on them.

Here is the parfile :-

 cat impt06.par
userid=username/password file=expt06.dmp full=y ignore=y feedback=10000 resumable=y log=impt06.log commit=y indexes=n

I have done the following so far

  1. Turned the archive logging off . (Yes isn't it great I can do that ?)
  2. 'Niced' the process priority up
  3. Added commit=y
  4. Indexes =n
  5. Added a buffer of 92160 (default multiply by 3)

Now does the resumable parameter do something that will add time to imports ?

I am on 9.2.0.1 and am on HPUX 11.11

Here are a few of the parameters that I am thinking about tweaking.

>From db_cache_size=57671680

To db_cache_size=157286400

db_file_multiblock_read_count=16 -- Should I even look at this ?

java_pool_size=115343360
large_pool_size=12582912
shared_pool_size=314572800

Please respond to either the list enmasse or to taptriv_at_yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Tapan Trivedi

Tapan Trivedi
Senior Oracle DBA