EMC stuff

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:36:11 -0400

We are beginning to do a RAC install with a Clariion SAN for storage. One thing I was told doesn't sound right to me, but since I don't pretend to be an EMC expert (and don't play one on TV. Heck, I barely get passed the 60's reruns on TV and EMC wasn't even around then) I am having trouble confirming or denying. Supposedly a LUN can only advertise itself to a single entity (i.e. node, cluster). This makes the RAC install kind of difficult. I always thought of a SAN as shared storage. What is shared storage if a LUN can't be accessed by multiple nodes? Anyone have any idea what the source of the confusion is?

Thanks.

Henry