RE: ORA-1578...block corrupted...error is normal...a block...had a NOLOGGING...operation performed against

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:26:42 -0400

Chris,

This seems surprising to me also. It seems to me that subsequent full backups should have allowed these objects to be recovered. Does the NOLOGGING attribute stay with the index after it has been created? It doesn't, correct?

I never use NOLOGGING because I didn't need to. But your situation seems to be an argument for never using it.

At least you can drop and recreate the index to fix the problem.

Tom