Re: Problems retaining what I study

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:20:29 -0700

On 8/19/05, JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org <JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org> wrote:

> 1. You won't remember what you haven't actually used. Doing reinforces
> learning far better than just studying.

And if you haven't used it in the last 60 days, you will probably need to learn it again. Or you will only remember the old way of doing it (see next point)

3. Be prepared to actively forget stuff you've learned. As technologies
> change, you've got to forget the old, inapplicable, rules so they don't
> interfere with the new ones. I figure about 80% of the technical details I
> ever learned are now obsolete. Oh well, it was fun at the time.

You will only remember the obsolete bits.

The newer and relevant material will fly out of your mind at a speed that would shame a Vogon constructor ship fleeing and exploding planet.

;)

--
Jared Still