RE: Experience with Virus Scan software of database servers

From: Lisa Dobson <lisa.dobson_at_onenortheast.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:02:45 +0100

Yes, we had some serious problems with this a couple of months ago. Software was scanning in real time and causing problems with online redo logs in particular.

We were told we weren't allowed to stop the virus scanning, so instead we just stopped it looking at the directories that held things like datafiles, control files and on line redo logs.

No problems reported since.

Lisa.