RE: Import Question

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:54:27 -0700

I don't think Jared meant to just turn off automatic archiving, I think he meant to take the database out of archivelog mode (turning off archiving completely, not just auto-archiving). Seems to me that turning off archiving will save you the extra I/O of reading your online logs and writing to the archives - which could make a significant impact considering you're already performing a heavy I/O operation to begin with, especially if you have your archivelogs on the same disk with other database files (not recommended, I know). Also, it will save you from having to deal with the trouble of filling up your archive log dest, and/or having to constantly delete or back them up.

Regards,
Brandon Allen