Beyond a basic Oracle EXP/IMP shell script: Error Handling & Exit Status?

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:14:04 -0400

All,

OK, OK, OK...my task (specifically).
1.) I need to know (or test) if my script completes successfully and assign a value.

2.) I need to know if/where my script dies/aborts/terminates in the middle and assigning a value....rolling variable?

     "if step A complete then v_stats=...if step B complete then v_stats=..."

3.) I need to get a positive or negative return code from Oracle EXP/IMP utility and pass it to shell script (#2 above).

I'm all ears...and ready for code samples-scripts, docs, links and references.

Thanks,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA