Explain Plans

From: Ben Sauer <SauerBL_at_ldschurch.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:39:33 -0600

I have an insert statement that's migrating data, e.g.,

insert into table1 (value1, value2) select (select sequence from table2 where table2.col2 = table3.col2), table3.col3 from table3_at_remote_db where conditions.

Now I can tune the conditions in such a way to make the explain plan for the insert statement reasonable. But since the nested query runs so inefficiently as to kill all chance of my insert finishing in my lifetime. Is there a way to get the explain plan for the entire correlated query? Surely Oracle takes advantage of potential advantages of parallelizing correlated queries.

Thanks,
Ben.

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.