Re: trcsess works on 9.2 trace files!

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:29:28 +0100

It will only consolidate on the information that was available in 9i, that is SID and SERIAL#, It however also possible to hijack some applications so that they will emit the service, module and action in the correct format to the current trace file. If you do this you can retrofit the n-tier tracing functionality of 10g to earlier releases.

I'm presenting on this at UKOUG in December - but I'm sure that it isn't beyond the wit of this group to work out appropriate mechanisms for doing this.

As far as killing developers goes, don't random executions help code quality :(

On 8/17/05, Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I had a problem with finding a problematic SQL for a session connected to a
> shared server belonging to a 9.2.0.5 Oracle database. I scp-ed (secure version of
> the ancient "rcp" program) all *s00*.trc files to my box with 10.2 database and
> trcsess produced one large trace file that I was able to format with 10.2 tkprof.
> The big news here is that 10g facilities will work seamlessly with 9i stuff.
> Now, I have some developers to kill......
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> http://www.mgogala.com

Niall Litchfield