Shutdown/Startup on Linux - won't work at server level

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:50:56 -0400

The databases are not shutting down/restarting after issuing "reboot" on a Linux RHEL3 server.
Can anyone who has this working please tell me specifically which symbolic links should be created to make this happen? Everything I read says something different such as:
/etc/rc0.d/K10dbora
/etc/rc0.d/K01dbora -- doesn't even exist
/etc/rc.d/rc6.d -- but doesn't mention which file

I have got dbora working manually. It is a 9206 database on Linux RHEL3. I have already read the Metalink note on adding /var/lock/subsys/dbora to the dbora file. That is why I think it is a symbolic link issue but I can't find clear docs for Linux regarding the required symbolic links to work on "reboot".

Thanks.