RE: RMAN - Not reporting backups

From: Subbiah, Stalin <SSubbiah_at_netopia.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:06:52 -0700

Ron,

That's very strange. Just curious are you taking backups in backupset or copy mode ? list backup won't list backups taken in copy mode. Wondering if that's the case.

Regards,
Stalin

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Smith, Ron L. Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:10 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RMAN - Not reporting backups

I am running RMAN on a 9i database with the following parameters: CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 14 DAYS; and
control_file_record_keep_time = 21

I have run several days of successful backups. But when I do a list backup, I only get the last backup listed.

I am not using an RMAN catalog.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited. Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake,
then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.