RE: RAC standby

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:26:37 -0400

For business and human nature / behavior reasons...enough said.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:10 PM
To: Marquez, Chris
Cc: peterdixon001_at_hotmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: RAC standby

Hi Chris,

I am curios, what is the point of using the homegrown script if DG works so well?

--
Jared Still

On 8/16/05, Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org> wrote:

	Peter,

	For one client I have built and run a "poor mans Standby
database"

<SIDE NOTE>
OK list, don't judge me. There is very good/real reason for this home grown standby. I have used and like Oracle Data Guard...it works well...I'm not against DG, so please no flame.
<SIDE NOTE>
Basically a shell script that does {RMAN restore database, then periodic synchronization}; - Get (more) arch logs from prod (scp) ... -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l