Initialization parameter transactions_per_rollback_segment, can you set this?

From: Arnold, Sandra <ArnoldS_at_osti.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:47:31 -0400

Is there a way to set the transactions_per_rollback_segment to a higher number than the default? I would like to increase this so that I do not have 74 rollback segments created. Instead I would like to increase it to 10 so that I can have 37 rollback segments created.

I am getting snapshot too old errors for a transaction that is committing after each record is inserted or updated. I cannot increase my undo tablespace to the size it is advising me so I thought if I could decrease the number of rollback segments it would allow more space for each rollback segment.

The version of Oracle that I am working with is 10.1.0.4 on a Solaris 64bit platform.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold

Senior DBA