RE: Histograms

From: David Kurtz <info2_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:09:55 +0100

This artcle seems to say: 'I heard about this from some people, it sounds like a good idea but I haven't tried it for myself'. Not advice in which I would place implicit trust.

Personally, I use histograms when I can demonstrate that they are beneficial. They take extra adminstration, extra time to collect, and add extra parse time. They have to pay for that with improved performance.

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660