Histograms

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Can I poll the list on their views on the use of histograms? I've previously been quite conservative, only gathering them when we've had a specific case of bad CBO performance due to skewed data. However I was interested in this article mentioning a "broad brush" approach to histogram gathering:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_tips_all_columns_histograms.htm

Any thoughts to share?

Thank you
Charlotte