RE: Tomcat problem

From: Marc Perkowitz <mperkowitz_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:44:29 -0500

Lots of possibilities here, but it is likely an application issue. I presume that it is using JSP's for the screen interface?

Is there any sort of persistence layer being used? Does the application start and stop threads? Does it use thread-safe methods or do its own synchronization?

Tomcat is essentially a JVM container. The Java application code has to support threading (using locks) or use thread-safe methods or it will crash.

Marc.