Tomcat problem

From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:16:22 -0500

All -

I realize this is an Oracle list but taking a shot in the dark that someone may be able to help me. I am having a problem with Tomcat and our App not allowing the same action at the same time (threading). The app bombs and Tomcat writes out a heap dump and fills the directory structure. I need to find out why. I am running WSAD 5.1.2 on Windows locally and Tomcat 1.4 on Windows locally and 1.4 on Unix server.

  1. We are running Tomcat on a server but no one knows anything about it. I am running the App Server and trying to get a WAR file to deploy and see the difference. Any suggestions on config or parms to use to help with this debugging? Does Tomcat handle the threading or should we be coding for it?
  2. I am currently working on configuring the Jprobe and run the app thru it. Any better suggestions of software to use to diagnose the problem?
  3. I have to assume that others have run into this their apps. What have others done to fix it??

Thanks in advance,

LeRoy