Re: Oracle certification - Worth the hard work?

From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Helen on something related to self-realization. I believe if you are already a DBA, taking the test will be the best for your own self. Will help strengthen the confidence, make you realize your weak points, give a chance to explore areas that you may not usually deal with etc. But, just doing certification to start doing DBA work - I do not agree. On the other hand, for beginners, that may be a good starting point and even for those who come from another Database background, but know DBA processes very well.

Rgds,
Deepak

> Oops, I meant "competitive job market" ... typo on a
> Friday.

Do You Yahoo!?