Re: Re[2]: Anyone with experience with MMOG and databases?

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:52:14 -0500

List,

> Was SQL/PSM even around when Oracle came up with PL/SQL?
>
> No, but does it matter? What bugs me is that Oracle shows no sign
> of wanting to comply eventually.

 If you're like me, wondering what the heck SQL/PSM is, here is an article on it by Joe *Celko *http://www.dbmsmag.com/9701d06.html

According to Joe, SQL/PSM is based on the Algol family of languages, which Ada, and therefore PL/SQL is based, according to my understanding.  Oracle is not an alturistic organization, to say the least. Oracle isn't likely to promote a standard unless there is a competitive advantage. There are many would-be standards that never get enough popularity to catch on. If this has been around since 1996, well . . . .  Dennis Williams