Re[2]: Anyone with experience with MMOG and databases?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:13:43 -0400

Friday, August 12, 2005, 2:25:19 PM, Lex de Haan (lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl) wrote:

LdH> SQL/PSM is *not* part of core SQL -- and I personally think the Oracle
LdH> proprietary PL/SQL language is much better and more efficient; Oracle is never
LdH> going to implement SQL/PSM.

Was SQL/PSM even around when Oracle came up with PL/SQL? I'm not intimately familiar with the timing, but I've always thought that PL/SQL came first and then the standards body went in another direction, which is the sort of thing that I'm sure happens a lot.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com