RE: Anyone with experience with MMOG and databases?

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:46:21 -0400

>>I hardly can see a reason to choose Oracle

Wow, In one statement you negated Oracle to worthless software...impressive. To make a claim like that you must have intimate knowledge of all databases and all database features and options. You should be a consultant...or work for Gartner.

In my experience there have been very few times when I had to tell my boss or client Oracle that "Oracle can't to do that".

I did not have to say "Oracle can't to do that" when a client asked me to;

If you have none of these or any other similar requirements then I too can see a reason to choose Oracle. I realize there is a market for MS-Access and Excel spreadsheets too.

But you know what really sucks...choosing and implementing a product only later to find a requirement that it can't do.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA