Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> Re: Now: Hardware performance Was: Does anyone run test win vs. linux and can share how muchfaster is linux than windows, please?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:56:12 -0400

John Kanagaraj wrote:

> on better hardware... Now I am not invalidating Jared's tests, nor am
> I claiming that Linux is better than Windows, but just pointing out
> that there could be a different twist to this whole thing. Maybe
> Stephane can summarize the findings here?

As any True Believer(TM) knows, Linux is better then windows. It is about time that we turn this into a religious war! That is especially interesting, because it is my firm belief that that no OS is faster then any other OS. Particular computer with particular OS might be better suited for particular application then the same computer with another OS, but generally speaking, statements about the "speed of OS" make no sense whatsoever. As claims like this make no sense, they're ideal basis for a religious war. So, death to the Windows!

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA