Re: More on dbms_stats

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:14:32 -0400

Anybody ever do the "analyze once and forget about it" I have moved to this because of posts like this. I was having too many problems with query performance when analyzing after every load (seems especially troublesome with bitmap indexes and partitioned tables). Some of my tables have > 100 million records and I have to wonder if 100 million records or 110 million records makes much difference to the optimizer.

Mike