Sun UltraSparc III vs Sun UltraSparc IV(Dual Core)

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:42:14 +0200

Hello Folks,
  I am looking for a performance comparison of Sun UltraSparc IV(Dual Core) vs Sun UltraSparc III. Can any one help me?.

   We have a 8 CPU Sun UltraSparc III (1200 Mhz) box and due to the recent change in the Oracle licensing policy of Dual core machines, management is querying us whether we can replace this with a 4 CPU Sun UltraSparc IV (Dual Core)(1300 Mhz)?. Has any one of us experianced this and any pointers would be appriciated.

Thanks and Regards

Sriram Kumar