RE: JDBC buffer?

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:36:38 -0500

Hey, Tanel, thanks for feedback. I'd think there'd be something like that.

I had another client saying a query took 5 ½ minutes. On the server it consistently ran in 20 seconds. I told him we could eliminate all the database time and it would still take more than 5 minutes. He said he could tweak the app server and never came back with that issue.

Also, I got another reply, from Nick Goodman, suggesting they look at p6spy. The web page there suggested it could identify DB bottlenecks.

            Larry

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Tanel Põder Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 6:55 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: JDBC buffer?

Hi,

At least OCI allows LOB buffering (search for LOB buffering subsystem) and also LOB update bundling, so you can create several LOBs in your application and flush these to database later on. Actual network transfer and inserts are done only during flush operation.

JDBC might have something similar...

Tanel.