Data Guard Broker

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 06:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I've got a somewhat vague question - what are people's experiences of Data Guard Broker (in 9i specifically)?

We've been using standby since 8i days and of course now Data Guard. But we've never really looked at the Broker. I'm not entirely sure how much benefit it provides, against the usual overhead of having to learn yet another tool and manage another layer of software, bugs and all (bugs??!). Whilst creating standbys and doing switchovers is a little tedious it's not an all consuming destroyer of my time especially in a fairly small environment so I'm wondering whether it's a worthwhile investment to learn about / configure Broker? Where does it give the biggest gains?

Thank you
Charlotte

Do You Yahoo!?