10046 trace in dbms_job

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:13:39 -0700

Hi all:

This is on Oracle10G R1 / Windows-XP Pro.

I am trying to trace a simple stored procedure that does DMLs, with a 'execute immediate' that set events 10046 trace. When I execute the procedure from sqlplus, I am able to see the trace in user_dump destination as expected.

Whereas, when I call the procedure from dbms_job.submit ( with a commit after ), the procedure does what it is supposed to do with the DMLs. But the trace files are not generated in user_dump.

Is this the expected behavior? If so, can someone explain this and are there anyother ways to get a trace while calling from dbms_job. Not sure if this is what one would see in dbms_scheduler, but I am interested in dbms_job at the moment.

Thank you.

--
Arul