Oracle Open World

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:17:26 -0600

Hi all,

to my neverending surprise I find myself going to OOW. It came totally out of the blue. It has most likely something to do with the fact that we went live the past weekend with a brand new Peoplesoft financials implementation and things got off to a rocky start. Wednesday was a very bad day (after Monday being a holiday and Tuesday people probably only slowly realizing that there is a new system). Nothing to do with the database (of course :-) ), in fact is was idle because the webservers and appservers in front of it "collaborated", going down or locking up in rotation and effectively forming a firewall that let few sql requests through to the database. The project director paid a visit to the frantic tech team and mumbled something about an upcoming Oracle conference and that it might be a good idea for someone to go to performance related sessions.

coming to the point - who else is going?

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com