9iR2 DBCA w/ structure+data

From: Steve Rospo <Steve.Rospo_at_vallent.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to use DBCA to clone a "golden database" but I'm having problems with 9iR2 DBCA. In 10gR1 I can go to Manage Templates -> Create a database template -> From an existing database (structure as well as data) with no problem. Works like charm in 10g but it comes to a screeching halt on 9iR2. I can naviage to the same screen as with 9iR2 but the "From an existing database (structure as well as data)" is greyed out.

I've tried to find any reasonable documentation of DBCA to no avail. Is this some bit of functionality that got turned off at the last minutes of 9iR2 just to torment me?

Particulars:
- 9.2.0.4 32-bit EE on SPARC Solaris 8

--
Stephen Rospo        Principal Software Architect
Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel)

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this
message and any attachments. Thank you.