RE: OCFS2

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:12:23 -0400

We have had our issues and learning curve with OCFS and RAC on OCFS (before that I had done for many years was RAW). We had many issues we blamed on OCFS, that were hardware (config) related, not OCFS at all. Some OCFS issues "speed", "configuration", "use" are very real.

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"...and with OCFS that is so true.

I'm also a firm believer in "if it's not broken don't fix it!" So there is no chance I'm getting OCFS2 any time soon.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Murching, Bob Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 1:01 PM
To: 'rjamya_at_gmail.com'; 'david.hill_at_lechateau.ca'; 'Oracle Discussion List'

David, I'd like to thank you for taking on this heavy burden. Let us know how it goes. And double-check those backups, you may need them. Good luck.

Bob