RE: DBMS_JOB Fail to run

From: Kean Jacinta <jacintakean_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

THank For your advice , beside do you know how to create the job scripts ?

"Aragon, Gabriel (GE Commercial Finance)" <gabriel.aragon_at_ge.com> wrote:Well I think there are guys more qualified than me to answer this, but in my opinion dont trust on exp-imp for your jobs, the best approach is create the job scripts manually from your source db, and run it as the user you want to be the owner of the job on your target db, so you can be sure who owns every job.

Regarding your question on jobs not running, there's a lot of situations that may be happening, since you dont provide more info I only can give you some advice, pls issue a write to alert or user dump on your job, so this way you will be able to see if the job starts, if it does, then you need to verify if what you are calling from your job is running or not.

Hope this helps.

regards,
GAP