RE: RMAN specification ERROR

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:47:42 -0700

Do you have more than one process backing up and deleting your archived logs? Perhaps you backup your archived logs hourly and also include a command to do so as part of the daily backup. If the daily backup tries to backup an archived log file which has been backed up and deleted by the hourly program, the message will occur.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Smith, Ron L. Sent: Tue 8/2/2005 2:08 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RMAN specification ERROR

I am getting the following message after an RMAN backup. No Oracle or RMAN error code is returned. "specification does not match any archive log in the recovery catalog"

I am doing a crosscheck backup and a crosscheck copy.

Did I miss something?

Ron Smith

Important Notice!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited. Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.