RE: LMTS with SAP 4.0B

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:24:32 -0700

You also should check the performance a few days later, after the index has had time to split a few blocks due to insert DML.

--Yes, you can run the automated SAP check jobs to check this...

Thanks!

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:17 PM
To: Khemmanivanh, Somckit
Cc: Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Re: LMTS with SAP 4.0B

On 8/2/05, Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com> wrote:

        What is your definition of entire? The other SAP tablespaces can consume up to 100 GB of space.

What I meant was the space consumed by Tablespaces other than BTAB[D|I] is
rather small in comparison. Leaving them out of the reorg would not greatly reduce
the time or effort required to reorg.

        Also note in my experience, you do want to pay attention to the indexes that sapdba or brconnect is flagging as needing to be

        re-organized (especially in a DMT setup).

        I have read Tom Kytes and other's view on index reorgs and I agree with them for the most part -- but I was suprised to find that re-organizing the

        indexes suggested by SAP's tools nearly halved the response time. I ran tests before the re-org and after the re-org...

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 16:29:30 CDT