RE: LMTS with SAP 4.0B

From: Khemmanivanh, Somckit <somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:48:44 -0700

What is your definition of entire? The other SAP tablespaces can consume up to 100 GB of space.

These 2 TSs are the biggest but I was pointing out that you DID NOT have to spend the (needless) time re-organizing the other 100 GB if you did not want to...

I looked at a 3.1H and 4.6C system today and the other TSs were roughly 100 GB in size on each DB...

Also note in my experience, you do want to pay attention to the indexes that sapdba or brconnect is flagging as needing to be re-organized (especially in a DMT setup).

I have read Tom Kytes and other's view on index reorgs and I agree with them for the most part -- but I was suprised to find that re-organizing the
indexes suggested by SAP's tools nearly halved the response time. I ran tests before the re-org and after the re-org...

I think this is because SAP tends to perform many index-range scans...

YMMV...   Thanks!

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:59 AM
To: Khemmanivanh, Somckit
Cc: roger_xu_at_dp7uptx.com; Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail); Kirk Ryan Subject: Re: LMTS with SAP 4.0B

Yes, well, PSAPBTABD and PSAPBTABI are nearly the entire database.

On 7/28/05, Khemmanivanh, Somckit
<somckit.khemmanivanh_at_weyerhaeuser.com> wrote:

        There are really only 2 tablespaces you need/want to convert (not the whole DB)...

        PSAPBTABD and PSAPBTABI

--
Jared Still