RE: CURSOR_SHARING=SIMILAR + ODBC May Cause Problems

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:47:22 -0500

Our application uses Advanced Queuing and there were some bugs related to AQ and SIMILAR so I have stayed away from it, but we have ran tests and seen great performance improvments because of parse issues. I am hoping to move towards it but emails like these have me sitting on EXACT again. Darn, guess we will have to fix the code!

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:44 PM
To: bdbafh_at_gmail.com
Cc: Post, Ethan; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: CURSOR_SHARING=SIMILAR + ODBC May Cause Problems

I've had issues with cs=similar on all versions - haven't even bothered with 10.1.0.4.