partition table help

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:37:56 -0500

How do I determine the space used by a partitioned table? The traditional tablespace scripts (i.e. dba_tablespaces, dba_data_files, dba_free_space, ...) don't seem to be reporting accurately.

I have one partitioned table that contains CLOB and BLOB with "storage in row" defined. There is only 13 columns in the table. The table is range partitioned into 16 partitions. Each partition is contained within its own tablespace.

Every time I run a query against the table it says it is 90% full. In one instance I have 7 records in the table and in another instance I have 165 records in the table. Both are relatively new instances for testing.

I have looked on metalink and I can see is a FAQ on partitioned tables for 8 and 8i. Is there a site with more information on partitioned tables and how to determine space used?

thanks.