RE: Counterquestion - is Oracle a He or a She - or an It or a hermaphrodite

From: R J Zijlstra <rmsah_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:11:25 +0200

Lex,

As I remember, Microsoft Visual Basic makes a distinction like this: IsEmpty and IsNull ??
And as we all know Bill must be a smart guy (looking at his revenues) so I suppose this sais enough..

Greetings
Rob Zijlstra

Lex de Haan:

OK, there we go :-)

there is no such thing as a NULL numeric, or a NULL string, or a NULL date
-- and also, NULL is *not* the same as empty.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Aug 01 2005 - 15:13:44 CDT