Re: Oracle Backup

From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:59:11 +0530

Jacinta,
 On windows environment, u need to transfer the following files(if not planning for cloning):

  1. all control,dbf and log files
  2. init<sid>.ora,tnsnames.ora,listener.ora,sqlnet.ora. This is just for the condition u want to create a new db with the same thing but u don want to create standby. If u mean for a standby db then u don need to copy the control files from the old server. In that condition refer oracle docs for configuring standby server. Hope this helps u. cheers

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath