RE: oracle 1g release 1 on solaris 10 Install Problem

From: Vajrala, Madhusudana R. <Vajrala.Madhusudana_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:51:23 -0500

Oracle provides Validate.pl (perl script) to validate the environment. Even after validating the environment, installer will still fail (at least on AIX 5.3), so there is no other option except using -ignore....

I think that is applicable to Solaris 10 as well.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 1:32 PM
To: ArnoldS_at_osti.gov
Cc: Harvinder.Singh_at_metratech.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: oracle 1g release 1 on solaris 10 Install Problem

Not really a good idea to use -ignoreSysPrereqs

see: http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml <http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml>

On 7/27/05, Arnold, Sandra <ArnoldS_at_osti.gov <mailto:ArnoldS_at_osti.gov> > wrote:

I have successfully installed 10g on sun solaris 10. You have to use the following command.

./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

Sandra