Active Directory / OID

From: Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:32:20 +0100

        I have been "volunteered" to help in an AD to OID link project. We are going to use OID as a broker between Oracle databases and our company Active Directory, so we will effectively only be extracting the names of the users from AD and putting them into OID, so they can be used to verify users on the various DBs. I have managed to make sense of most of it. I understand the process of setting up the sync between AD and OID, the mapping filters, etc., but I am little stuck on how I load the initial LDIF extracted data, taken from AD, into the OID repository, before you start the sync process off.

        Does anyone have experience of a similar sort of project and if so would you have any useful references for information, you would be willing to share?

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual or entity named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as an invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments.
GAM operates in many jurisdictions and is regulated or licensed in those jurisdictions as required.