Re: how to send a fixed-format mail from unix

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:45:11 -0500

On 7/28/05, Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to send the output of a sqlplus script
> from Unix (using mailx) to Lotus Notes addresses.
>
> The output looks formatted on Unix, but when opened in
> Lotus Notes, the formatting is no longer there.
>
> Any Tips?

get them to set the display in Notes to fixed format.;-)

this is a client issue and not a server issue, by default Notes [and Outlook and some others] display received email in flexable spaced fonts. changing the display to use a fixed font will solve the problem.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba_at_gmail.com
"Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.