RE: databases on same server with different timezones...

From: Marc Perkowitz <mperkowitz_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:47:55 -0500

There's a related question that I have been wondering about and have not seen any discussion on this yet. It is looking very probable that the US will be changing the dates for Daylight Savings Time starting this fall. Since I believe Oracle also gets the DST transition dates from the OS, then I presume we will need to apply whatever patch is needed at the OS level, correct?

Is anyone aware plans by the various OS companies to have patches available in the near future? Or perhaps instructions on how to modify parameters or files related to this?

Thanks,

Marc.