databases on same server with different timezones...

From: Loughmiller, Greg <greg.loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:28:53 -0400

Curious to see if anyone has a server, with multiple databases running where each database has a different TZ requirement(Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern). And all databases on the server would use the same Unix acct (aka oracle).

>From what I can gather, Oracle uses the "gettimeofday" call to satisfy the
request for a sysdate call. Thus, one would need to set the OS TimeZone appropriately since the DB would obtain the date/time from the OS... While I run thru the manual and metalink; I thought I would see if anyone on the list has had this experience......

Thanks

Greg